Friday 9 April 2010

Call me Dave

So the election campaign has started this week. And I've just been listening to David "Call me Dave" Cameron on Radio 4's Today programme.

As smooth as a snake oil salesman. And people said Blair was slick!

And this morning the Tories have said "more" about how they will fund not putting National Insurance up. By efficiency savings in local and central government. 40,000 jobs will go. But not through redundancy but through not replacing people who leave. Fair enough you may say. But when pressed on this being only the start he ducked and dived.

And no doubt the Tories grand idea is to bring in the private sector to deliver cost savings through managing back office functions for example. I saw this in operation at South Glos Council when I worked there and it happens here in Magic Roundaboutland. It is not all it is cracked up to be.

There needs to be a change in government. I don't think it is good for one party to be in government too long. But why should that mean Labour or Tory take in turns. A hung Parliament would be an interesting change.

No comments:

Post a Comment