Wednesday 31 July 2013

Likewise he took the cup

31st July 2013

Just when you think my friends here at Fairview can’t be any kinder they go and prove me wrong!

Today (as all Wednesdays) we had a staff meeting. I thought that as it was my last staff meeting I would bring in some cakes and doughnuts to have with coffee. But I found I’d been outdone, as cakes were provided along with tea in proper cups and saucers. I thought this was a lovely thoughtful touch.

Then just as the meeting ended a large box was produced and handed to me. On opening the box I found a most precious gift – a patten and chalice.

This was a personal gift to me from the staff at the church and I was so pleased when they all signed the bottom of the patten.

I am bowled over by the love and generosity of everyone. We have really been taken to their hearts.
And I was touched today when the associate pastor said how they all thought highly of Tom.

This evening I went along to choir rehearsal. This was their first rehearsal for a few weeks and they were working on a special arrangement of “Guide me O Thou Great Jehovah” to be sung during the service on Sunday.

The Musical Director has become a good friend and she chose this specially knowing how I love the hymn. And she too thanked me for my time here.

The rehearsal ended around 8.45pm and then the MD asked everyone if they had any news of former choir members or people in need of prayer. I thought this time of fellowship at the end of the evening was a really nice touch.

It is hard having to say goodbye and I know Sunday will be tough. Especially having to say goodbye twice because of two services

I will certainly miss the good people of Fairview and the new friends we have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment